Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mama's Enchiladas!

We didn't have any leftovers the other night when I made this for my husband for the first time! My mom made this recipe up when my sister and I were younger and since tweaked it a little. Try it out with a little side salad and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can refried beans (I use the fat free kind and it tastes just as good)
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp. of mild picante sauce (I use about 4 tablespoons)
- 4 oz. (1/2 package) Mexican blend cheese
- Pam
 

Instructions:

Spray 7X11 casserole dish with Pam. Lay out tortillas and spoon beans into them until evenly distributed. Roll them and place seam side down, side by side in dish. Mix tomato sauce and Picante sauce in a separate bowl and pour over top. Sprinkle cheese over top.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 min.

Enjoy!


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. These look and sound amazing! I will have to try them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks good -- I'll def have to try them! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big hello from a UK gal over here! Can you see me wave from across the pond? :o) I love your blog! I will slightly admit, ever since visiting new york and vegas I've become a little (read: extremely) addicted to american blogs, to try and live out my fantasy of being American, haha! I will definitely be following you from now, and maybe even give this recipe a try, every friday we have fajita friday so maybe we should give these a go!


    jade //jade by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. So yum! I don't know about you, but mexican food is the one type of food that I never get sick of! Love it! Thanks for the recipe :)

    xo
    brittanykytecreated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete