Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What motivates you?




So right now I'm sitting on the couch (being a couch potato...literally), writing this post while my husband is at the gym. There is something seriously wrong with this picture...

I used to love working out, well not really ever "love" it exactly, but it always made me feel better afterwards. I always like the physical results I see when I stick to it. I also think it helps me sleep at night, gives me more confidence and a better attitude in general. So with all the good things that come from working out, why can't I just go do it?!

Now, I can't even make that step to get my workout clothes on and drive to the gym! Yeah I know, that is the first step. What is wrong with me? I feel like I'm in this workout rut! Yep, that is what it is a WORKOUT RUT! I would like to blame it on the gym being a little far from where we live or the creepy guys that work out there and not only stare at every woman that walks by but thinks they have to grunt and groan when lifting weights. Ok, I know excuses, excuses! That is enough...

This has been going on for a few weeks now...

What gets you motivated to go workout? Are you a member of a gym? Are you good at switching   up your routine so you don't get bored doing the same thing? Do you prefer to work out in the mornings over the evenings? I would love any advice that gets you motivated to workout! :)




10 comments:

  1. I've never really worked out in a gym, but I have enjoyed running in the past. I haven't been running recently though, as my schedule is pretty full. Or maybe that's just another excuse...

    My mom definitely inspires me, she has been running 6 days a week for over 15 years! Her dedication and the good results she gets from her exercise makes me want to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is wonderful to hear about your mom! I would love to be that dedicated!! Honestly someday I would love to run in a half marathon and maybe a full one. I guess I need to get out there a start runnng then :) Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. I love the quote at the top of your post and it is oh so true! More often than not in my life I have been in the "workout rut". Currently though, I am attempting to tackle a 5K, and am trying to complete the Couch Potato to 5K training program. I am not sure why, but this time (I have attempted it 2 other times and have never made it through week 3)I kind of feel unstoppable. I am currently one workout away from completing week 6. It is all about the mindset and I know how hard it is sometimes (and in my case most of the time) to find that workout happy place. You will get it back....like you said the hardest part is getting dressed and heading out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go you!! I have started that before as well and kinda gave up on it around week 3 as well...I just might start it up again. I would like to start running. Thank you for sharing!!

      Delete
  3. I'm not big on exercise either, and I'm not a fan of the gym we belong to, but I've been good about going the past couple of weeks because I started going in the morning before work instead of after. I found that when I work out in the morning I have a lot more energy, and I don''t have as may excuses not to go. I also started doing the couch to 5k app, I've only completed a week but hopefully since the weather is getting cooler now I'll stick with it. Good luck getting out of your rut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There are a lot of people doing the couch to 5k. Since I have started it before and didn't finish it...I think I will start it again. You are right about working out in the morning. I have more energy and if I wait to do it in the evening it never really happens because something always comes up. I'm sure getting it over with in the morning feels great!

      Delete
  4. So, first off, I super love your blog name because that was my blogs name until I changed it a couple months ago. So, obviously, a pretty awesome name! I'm in the same rut too. My husband is my workout motivation and we usually go workout every day after work together but the past couple weeks work has been insane for him and I cannot get myself to go alone. Cannot do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lol! I'm thinking of changing it once I think of something else :) I love how you came up with your new blog name! I understand!! :) Stay strong, we can do it!!

      Delete
  5. I so understand where you're coming from. I did so much better when I belonged to a gym and went to the classes there. I think if I have something social to look forward to I'm more motivated to do it. I quit the gym about a year ago because of a surgery and just haven't made it back. Gotta take that first step.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an idea...walk/jog/run 3-4 times each week for ~30 minutes or so..then come visit me on Nov. 3rd and run in a 5K that benefits children! It's an attainable goal, soon in the future, that benefits a good cause, and allows you to feel better through exercise!..Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete