Monday, September 17, 2012

A Place Called Home


Me and my husband's first place is all going to be a memory to us after next weekend. It is a bittersweet feeling since we are literally busting at the seams in this little  750 sq. ft. apartment after being here only a year. It has been a great year though and a great place to live, and I really am going to miss it.

Jon bought mini Nerf Guns when we first moved in and before everything was unpacked and boxes were scattered everywhere we would attack each other with them! It was hilarious and one of my favorite moments! We also play this game to see who can get in bed first. He has gotten pretty good now at the tricks I try to pull to beat him :)

Jon and I will remember the family and friends we have had over this past year. We will remember the Christmas we had here with my family where we crammed my grandmother, grandad, grandpa, my sister, mom and dad. We opened presents and had many laughs.

I will remember all the yummy meals my husband has made and all the ones I have destroyed. No I'm kidding, I have actually learned a lot about cooking living here. 

I have met such a wonderful friend living here who has sort of become my mother away from home. I'm going to miss seeing her in the evenings and just chatting away about the local gossip or hearing funny stories about her 3 boys and her daughter. I'm also going to miss her crazy dog who certainly believes he is human. We aren't moving far from this complex, so I will definitely still see her, but it is the convenience of her living just across from us that I will miss.

I'm going to miss seeing the kids playing on their scooters while the parents sit outside in their chairs watching. I'm going to miss sitting on the patio in my little blue chairs sipping my Saturday morning coffee and doing my devotional.

Now, certainly I'm not going to miss everything about this place, but for the most part it has been a great place for me and my husband to grow more in love during our first year of marriage. 

We have many more wonderful memories in this place but it is time to move on and make memories elsewhere. I love my husband so much and I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet collection of memories! I know what you mean, our first apartment is getting awfully crowded and sometimes I complain, but I will definitely miss it when the time comes to move on. Good luck with the move to your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! Since you made such lovely memories in your first apartment, I'm sure you will make even better ones in your new place! I hope your move is going smoothly and is as low-stress as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete