Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Whew! What a week!!

As you may know from a previous post( A place we call home) my husband and I have been busy  moving into our new home! I took a few days off last week from blogging and reading blogs so I could get organized and moved in the best I can while my parents were here from Houston to help. We also haven't switched over the internet from the apartment, so I'm blogging at Starbucks sipping on the best drink ever! The famous PSL with soy milk! I just can't get enough of them!

Here is what has been going on the past week...

First, my mom and grandpa drove up to "supervise" while I pack. They were great company!! My mom recently had rotator cuff surgery so she had to take it easy.

The morning they arrived we enjoyed lunch at Denny's



                                                        Then the fun began!









Moving makes you dog tired.....


It was my grandpas last night visiting so we enjoyed a nice Italian dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Downtown McKinney!!


Then it was back to more moving....


 We decided to take a break from working inside and do some yard work and man did that kick my butt! I pulled out all of the dead bushes and some of those roots were so big and tough!! My dad also drove up from Houston to lend a helping hand later in the week!


                                      Digging out those stubborn bushes!! I think there were at least 8!



                                                       Planting some mums!!



Saturday morning we went to the local Farmers Market to buy some of our weekly groceries.









There were some plumbing issues one night...and we finally ate dinner around 11PM! We were starving!!!!

The last night my parents were here we celebrated my mom's birthday! I was so thankful that I could celebrate it with her this year! We went out to dinner and she took home a piece of Key Lime Pie!





Whew! What a busy week! We still have a few more things to move in, but man am I tired!! I hope you all had a great week and I look forward to catching up with all the blogs I follow! Even though I have only been away a week...I have really missed it.

Have a great day!


3 comments:

  1. Do you live in Mckinney??? We've never been to Texas but we've been thinking about where we want to move after my husband gets out of the military and we really, really want to move to McKinney. The more I read about it the more I want to move there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, your house looks great! Hopefully, we get a home tour! ;) LOVE mums! We had them down the aisle at our wedding! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!!!!! Gosh I miss you! So excited for your new home!!!!!! :):):):)

    ReplyDelete